Une nouvelle série est lancée chez Palgrave-Macmillan, Religion and Global Migrations.
As the first series of its kind, Religion and Global Migrations will examine the phenomenon of religion and migration from multiple disciplinary perspectives (for example, historical, anthropological, sociological, ethical and theological), from various global locations (including the Americas, Europe and Asia), and from a range of religious traditions. The Series Editors are interested in monographs and edited volumes that explore the intersections of religion and migration from a variety of approaches, including studies of:
– Shifting Religious Practices and Ideas in sending and receiving communities, among migrants and also among those who interact with migrants in places of origin and destination;
– Public Responses to migration such as religiously informed debates, policies and activism among migrants and nonmigrants alike;
– Gender Dynamics including shifts in gender roles and access to power in sending and receiving sites;
– Identity in relation to religion and migration that may include constructive, as well as descriptive, scholarship;
– Empire, from the ancient Mediterranean through the height of European colonization to contemporary relationships between the developing and developed world, and the way it has profoundly affected the movement of people and development of religions;
– Other topics connecting to the theme of religion and global migrations.
– Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh is Departmental Lecturer in Forced Migration at the Refugee Studies Centre, and Junior Research Fellow in Refugees Studies at Lady Margaret Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
– Jennifer B. Saunders is an independent researcher who has published on transnational Hinduism, email@example.com
– Susanna Snyder is Assistant Professor in Contemporary Society and Christian Ethics at Episcopal Divinity School, Cambridge, MA, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in submitting a proposal to be considered for the series, please contact one of the Series Editors or: Burke Gerstenschlager, Palgrave Macmillan Burke.Gerstenschlager@palgrave-usa.com